Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday, December 6, 2010

Today is Monday, December 6, 2010. I am 24 weeks and 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!

I had some contractions on Friday evening, but had a good weekend and this has been a good day so far.

This morning, we monitored the baby for one hour on the monitor and he is doing well! At noon, the ultrasound tech came in and did two ultrasounds. One was of my cervix and the other was of Baby Grayson! My cervix has thickened just a little from .33cm to .54cm. Although that sounds like good news, the scary thing is... it can change from day to day. Unless there are complications, we are going to check every Monday. The cerlage is still in place, so we are hopeful that I will be able to carry him for a few more weeks, at least.

My amniotic fluid is a little low, but she said it is not in a danger zone, so we will just keep an eye on it. Her words were, "It is a little lower than we would like to see it, but not enough to make us very concerned." Therefore, I am not going to worry too much about that at this time. We will be able to see it again next week on the next ultrasound.

During the ultrasound to look at the baby, he looked great! His kidneys, heart and other organs look as if they are developing quite well! He is just over 11 inches long and we think he weighs somewhere near 1 pound and 4 oz! We did get a VERY GOOD look at one organ... his little winkie! We couldn't get a good profile shot of him this time, but BOY DID WE SEE THAT?! There is NO DOUBT in this world that we are having a BOY! He was shining all of his business today! (That's our little man!!)

Grayson had the hiccups, so that was funny to see!

All in all, things are going well. Last Thursday, my coworkers, Lisa, Becca, Corey and Mike came to see me. They brought me Japanese food from Kobe (Oh my gosh... I could eat that again RIGHT NOW)! YUM! My friends, Shannon and Todd Liles visited on Saturdayand we had a great visit! Today, Cheryl from work came and brought me Tino's Greek food! SO GOOD!!! I love having visitors. It breaks up my day and makes the time go by. I look forward to Ben's visits in the afternoon. He takes me OUTSIDE, and although it is getting cold... I LOVE IT!

My room is looking a bit brighter and festive! Ben got me an adorable Rosemary Tree and put mini christmas lights on it. Todd and Shannon gave me small wooden ornaments I put on it and I got a HUGE poinettia from the ladies at Capitol Staffing. It looks very Christmas like in here now! Emily and Jim Sesser sent me the LARGEST box of cookies from Tiff's Treats I could ever imagine and they came in a Christmas box with JINGLE BELLS!!! (For those of you who don't know about Tiff's Treats in Austin... LOOK IT UP!) OH MY GOODNESS! They deliver fresh baked cookies to you and they are STILL WARM!

Hope all is well with everyone and I will continue to keep you all posted! Thanks again for the good wishes and prayers! We are still just taking things ONE DAY AT A TIME!

2 comments:

  1. I love that he was showing his business the whole time ;) That's too cute! Glad you are in good spirits. If we still lived there, I would definitely drop by to see you. Tiff's Treats are amazing, aren't they?! Definitely some awesome food places that I miss right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather! It is hard to believe how much good food there is here in Austin. When I am "free" again, I have a list of places where I want to eat. If one more person in the hospital says, "Have you been to the Oasis?" I am going to scream! I looked it up online and the views look AMAZING! Ido NOT have a view of the hill country from my hospital window! I know that in in the end, this will all be worth it. Until that time comes... I will let friends bring me food from all sorts of places. I will be as big as a house when I leave (almost there now)!

    ReplyDelete