Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tough Day with a Migraine

Today was not the best day, although I know it could certainly have been worse. This morning I woke up with a headache that turned into a terrible Migraine... NOT FUN! I spent most of the entire day sleeping it off.

The good news for the day is that my brother, Marty, and his wife, Allana, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Peyton Kennedy today. She weighs 8 pounds and has the cutest little cheeks I have ever seen on a newborn! It makes me sad that I couldn't be there to meet her. I look forward to having our babies meet and thrilled that they will be so close in age. I am an Aunt for the first time and it feels so neat!

So far, because of this difficult pregnancy, we had to miss Thanksgiving with our family, I missed the birth of my neice and we won't be able to go home for Christmas either. I have also had to give up sharing all of the fun pregnancy things with family and friends. Looks like there will be no baby showers, no shopping (other than online) and I won't be home to get the nest all ready for our little man to join us.

Ben's family is coming to Austin for Christmas, which I am SO EXCITED about. We will be able to have a little Christmas in my hospital room.

When I am sad about these little things... I just remember how very blessed we are to be having a baby at all. Ben and I were told at the end of 2008, that we probably just couldn't get pregnant and if we did, I probably wouldn't be to carry the baby. Well, I believe that God provides for us and things really do happen in HIS TIME. I use to hate when people would say that to me, because it hurt so much when Ben and I would try and try and do all that we could with fertility doctors and NOTHING WORKED. I just know in my heart that God has a special plan, whatever that may be. All of the little things I mentioned, do bother me... I won't lie, but they don't matter as much as they use to.

Our baby will be at 24 weeks and 6 days tomorrow (on Wedensday, Dec. 8th). So on Thursday, we reach 25 weeks!!!! It feels like another birthday! I am grateful for every hour that we monitor Baby Grayson and get a good report. Despite the hard time I am  having keeping him in there, I think he is going to be such a strong baby boy! I haven't met him yet, but my heart is full of joy and I fall more and more in love with him everytime the doctor tells me he is a little fighter! He is growing, kicking, developing and making room in my uterus, despite the fact that there is a large septum there taking up his space!

I have wanted to be a mother for the longest time. Although this journey seems miles and miles long... I know it is just begun. We still have a long road ahead of us to get this baby here- and if God chooses to allow him to be born to us, I promise to be the best mother I can possibly be and I have no doubt in my heart at all, that Ben is going to be an amazing father. He is already a wonderful husband, who is just as excited about Grayson as I am.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Brandi! You are an amazing woman, wife and now mother! You have every right to have these feelings. I admire you so much for your wonderful attitude! Praying for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being an Aunt! I can't believe Marty is a DADDY!!! That makes me feel OLD! :) Happy 25 weeks to you and Baby Grayson! We are praying for you both. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on becoming an aunt! I have 6 nieces and nephews and love it :)

    Hang in there! (I bet you get tired of hearing that)You're going to be a wonderful mom and Grayson will be lucky to have you and Ben as parents.

    ReplyDelete