Tuesday, December 14, 2010

UPDATE: 25 Weeks and 5 Days

Today, we are 25 weeks and 5 days along. The last few days have been pretty tough.

On Saturday night, close to midnight, I started having terrible cramps and then came the contractions. The doctor came in and gave orders to move me from Antepartum back over to Labor and Delivery where I started Magnesium treatment again. I HATE that Magnesium. It made me feel horrible. The first time I had it, they ordered it for 12 hours, but this time the doctor gave me 32 hours of it. They administer it constantly through an IV. A lot of people say that Magnesium treatments make you feel like you have the flu times ten and it does! On Sunday I had the most horrible headache, nausea, vomiting, I was burning up one minute and chills the next. Luckily they were able to give me medication to help me sleep. We stopped the treatment around 10am on yesterday (Monday) and then the doctor allowed me to come back to Antepartum. It takes several days to get out of your system, so today… I still feel a little lousy, but MUCH BETTER! One thing is for sure… MAGNESIUM STOPS THE CONTRACTIONS! I just keep telling myself that this is all a small price to pay for our sweet little boy who will join us. I just hope he joins us LATER than SOONER!


Before I was transferred back to Antepartum, we did an ultrasound. My amniotic fluid is still a little low, but what the doctor says is still a "safe zone", so we are too worried about that. I am drinking LOTS of water and we are keeping an eye on it. I have a couple of pictures to share of him from the ultrasound. It was hard to get a good profile shot of him because he had his feet and arms in front of his little face.

In the picture below, he was biting on his little arm. Of course, it was easier to see on the ultrasound, but I wanted a picture of it. I thought it was cute....


Several times during the ultrasound, he was waving his little hand back and forth... and although I am going to sound so cheesy saying this... I think he was waving at me saying, "HIIIII, MOMMMYYY!" I look forward to the day that he wraps those little fingers around mine. He is going to be such a sweet, sweet boy- I just know it.

We did a long monitoring of the baby again this morning and once again he was lying on his umbilical cord and sent all kinds of alerts to the nurses! When he does that, his heart rate and blood pressure drop. The doctor says that a lot of babies do that from time to time, but it is not known because they the mothers are not on continuous monitoring. They are watching him carefully because if he does it too much and doesn’t get blood supply and oxygen, they will have to take him early. HE NEEDS TO STOP THAT! The doctor feels like we are in a good place right now so all in all, I feel good about things today!

Thank you all again for the nice words of encouragement. Ben and I appreciate it so much. We are doing well and Baby Grayson is HOLDING ON, so IT IS A GOOD DAY!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet baby boy. He knows his mommy is very special and loves him very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that things have settled down a bit. We're thinking of you and Ben and baby Grayson. just hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, Ben and baby Grayson have SO many people thinking and praying for y'all. I hope you don't have to get the magnesium EVER AGAIN!:) Much love, Brandi!!

    ReplyDelete